10/1/12

lovely day off

Today was my day off. I slept in(til 8 o'clock, love the morning too much to stay in bed much longer) and went for my first run when I got up. I had planned to go sooner but I couldn't because of the flooding. I ran for 20 minutes which was enough since it is much more exhausting here with all the hills.

After cleaning up the caravan a bit I left for Turre around 11 o'clock by foot. I hadn't counted on walking in mud most of the way. I took off my shoes and kind of enjoyed the feeling of walking with bare feet in mud. It is kind of soothing as long as you are not thinking about the off chance that you'll slip and fall face down, :). Fortunately that didn't happen.

It took me about an hour to get to Turre, half an hour longer than usual. I sat down for some cold orange juice in a British sport's bar(a lot of British people live in this part of Spain). After running my errands I decided to take another way back to the shelter. Not one I really like since it is walking on the side of the highway. Not very comfortable walking when trucks are passing you going 90 km/h. But I made it back safe.

After a relaxing afternoon I went for a nice walk with my favorite dog here, Sirocco. I heard some disturbing stories about him today. Last year he shared a kennel with Taberna, another Galgo. He kept getting wounds on him and they found out that Taberna was terrorizing him. When it would rain she would not let him get into his dogbed under the roof. So he would spent nights out in the rain. Poor thing! And on top of that she bit him numerous times hence the wounds on him. Adding to all the scars he had already caused by some horrible Spanish hunter, :(.  Fortunately he is sharing a kennel now with a very sweet timid Galgo girl named Syphera.

Anyway, Sirocco and I loved our walk today. The sun was setting, Sirocco was happy being outside and I felt complete bliss, enjoying the scenery while walking with my sweetie, :)
Today was an excellent day!



No comments:

Post a Comment